Meet The Doctor
Meet Dr. Diane Colgan MD - Plastic Surgeon in Bethesda, MD
Dr. Diane Colgan is a Board Certified Plastic surgeon and General surgeon, who has been practicing cosmetic surgery (including facial plastic surgery, cosmetic breast surgery, body contouring and more!), serving the Washington DC, Maryland and Virginia area for over 25 years.
She is a native of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, a graduate of the University of Pittsburgh and of the Medical College of Pennsylvania.
After graduation, she began her medical career in the U.S. Navy and subsequently reached the rank of Captain and became Chief of Plastic Surgery at Bethesda National Naval Medical Center.
In 1988 she established her private practice in Potomac, MD to focus on aesthetic cosmetic surgery. While the majority of her patients are from the Washington, DC, MD and VA area, her reputation and experience has resulted in patients traveling from as far away as Texas, New York and Florida to receive their personal surgeries from Dr Colgan.
Her broad knowledge and experience offers you the finest medical care which, when combined with her caring and understanding make her the ideal first choice for your personal surgery.
Over 70% of her patients are referrals from previous and current patients, confirming her expertise, thoughtfulness and empathy toward her patients.
Dr. Colgan is dedicated to helping you to realize your personal appearance goals. Call her at her Bethesda plastic surgery office today to schedule an appointment!
- Member of the Board of Trustees, Suburban Hospital/Johns Hopkins Medicine in Bethesda MD.
- Medical Director, Suburban Outpatient Surgery Center
- Chair of the Medical Staff, Suburban Hospital/Johns Hopkins Medicine in Bethesda, MD.
- Medical Director, Physician Assistants, Suburban Hospital/Johns Hopkins Medicine in Bethesda, MD.
- Past Chief of Surgery, Suburban Hospital/Johns Hopkins Medicine in Bethesda, MD.
- Past Chief of Plastic Surgery, Suburban Hospital/Johns Hopkins Medicine in Bethesda, MD.
- Past Chief of Plastic Surgery, Montgomery General Hospital in Olney, MD.
- Professional Practice Evaluation and Credentials Committee, Suburban Hospital/Johns Hopkins Medicine
- Dr. Colgan has been continuously selected and nominated by her peers since 1991 as one of the Top Plastic Surgeons named annually in the Washingtonian Magazine.
- Elected by her peers for inclusion in Best Doctors in America® from 1996-2004 and 2007-2010.
Dr. Colgan is licensed in MD, VA, District of Columbia and PA and is currently a member of the medical staff and has surgical privileges at
- Suburban Hospital – Johns Hopkins Medicine in Bethesda
- MD Montgomery General Hospital, Olney, MD
- The Washington Hospital Center in Washington, DC
- Sibley Hospital in Washington DC