Bethesda Cosmetic Surgery - Breast Reduction
Breast reduction (or reduction mammaplasty) is an enhancement procedure that reshapes the breasts in order to make them smaller, lighter, and firmer. Reduction is accomplished by removing excess fat, glandular tissue, and skin.
Large breasts can cause physical pain as well as emotional and social anxiety. Women who take advantage of the breast reduction procedure find that they are able to lead a healthier, more comfortable life, in addition to enjoying a beautiful, more proportionate appearance.
Techniques for breast reduction vary and occasionally liposuction alone can be used to reduce breast size. The best procedure for you will be determined during your FREE initial consultation.
Of all plastic surgery procedures, breast reduction results in the quickest body image changes. Patients are pleased with the elimination of physical pain caused by large breasts as well as a better proportioned body, an enhanced appearance and better fitting clothes.
Reasons for Considering a Breast Reduction:
- Back, neck or shoulder pain caused by heavy breasts.
- Sagging breasts produced by their large size.
- Disproportionate body frame attributed to oversized breasts.
- Restriction of physical activity due to the size and weight of the breasts.
- Painful bra strap marks and/or rashes as a result of large breasts.
If you would like to schedule an appointment or have any additional questions please contact us at our Bethesda cosmetic practice today!