Dr. Diane Colgan - Bethesda Cosmetic Surgery - Chin and Cheek Implants
High cheekbones and a strong jaw line have long had a history of allure. Eyes, cheekbones and jawline form the most photogenic aspects of the face. Chin and cheek implants are a great way to enhance a facial profile by improving the overall proportion and balance of the face. With chin implants (mentoplasty), the symmetry of the face can be shaped and contoured. Cheek implants (malarplasty), also known as malar (high cheek) or submalar (low cheek) augmentation, can add fullness and definition to the face. Utilizing permanent chin and cheek implants can provide a rejuvenated, youthful facial profile.
Reasons for Considering a Chin and/or Cheek Implant:
- Extend or enlarge the chin if the chin is recessed or small.
- Create a more defined facial profile if the jaw, chin, or cheeks lack distinction.
- Bring the various aspects of the face into proportion.
- Round out the cheeks if they are hollow due to heredity or aging.
- Accent the upper cheeks making them appear higher and fuller.
Call Dr. Colgan in Bethesda if you have any additional questions or would like to schedule for a consultation!